Purr-fect for Halloween: How to Make a Spooky Cat Cake! by Donna John
This cat may not be black, but he’s purr-fect for Halloween! Mix and match any candy to create a cat that’s all your own.
- 1 box cake mix (plus ingredients to make it)
- 3 waffle ice cream cones
- 1 - 2 tubs white icing
- food coloring
- white candy melts
- yellow candy melts
- round candy for hat and nose (Peanut M&M’s or gumballs work well)
- red or black licorice strings
Here’s how you make it:
- Bake cake according to package directions for a two-layer round cake. Cool.
- Color icing with the food coloring until you reach desired color.
- Frost the cake.
- With kitchen shears, cut four triangles out of two of the waffle cones (keep one whole for the hat). Make two of the triangles just a little larger than the other two. Frost the larger triangles and insert into the cake for the ears. Add the unfrosted triangles to the front to complete the ears.
- Add the whole waffle cone to the top of the cake for the hat.
- Add candy around the base of the waffle cone to complete the hat.
- Use two white candy melts for the cat’s cheeks.
- Add two licorice strings to each side of the cheeks for the cat’s whiskers.
- Add two yellow candy melts for the eyes.
- Add a round candy for the nose.
Note: Gumballs are a choking hazard. Not for children under the age of 3!
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.