Grilled Flank Steak With Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce Is What You Should Make This Weekend by Donna John
Flank steak topped with a tangy cilantro chimichurri sauce is a quick meal for those busy weeknights, but perfect for weekend cookouts, too! The sauce is also delicious on grilled chicken, fish and shrimp.
- 1 - 2 pounds flank or skirt steak
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup packed Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon seeded and chopped jalapeno (or less, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Here's how you make it:
- Pulse all chimichurri ingredients in a blender until chopped and well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Season flank steak with salt and pepper. Cook on a preheated outdoor grill or preheated grill pan until it reaches desired doneness. (Watch close – it cooks fast!)
- Allow steak to rest about 5 minutes before slicing.
- Arrange sliced steak on a platter and top with the chimichurri sauce.
Not a fan of cilantro? Use all parsley in the chimichurri sauce.