Sweet, tangy, crispy and juicy – these honey barbecue chicken wings have it all! They’re perfect for tailgating, parties or even as a quick kid-friendly dinner.
- 24 chicken wings or drumettes (or a combination of both)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey
Here’s how you make them:
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder in a bowl.
- Combine the barbecue sauce and honey. Set aside.
- Dip each chicken piece in the seasoned flour.
- Place wings on an oiled baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for about 15 minutes. Turn the wings and bake another 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Brush the wings generously with the barbecue sauce. Cook about 5 more minutes.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. If you're tailgating, you can make these ahead of time and just throw them on the grill to heat up.