Party & Tailgating Appetizers: How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Dates With Fontina by Erica Kane
Bacon-wrapped dates are always a crowd-pleaser. Stuff them with cheese and they're an even bigger hit!
- 20 pitted, dried dates (Medjool preferred)
- 5 slices Applewood smoked bacon
- smoked paprika
- fontina cheese
Here’s how you make them:
- Slice 5 pieces of bacon in half, and then slice those in half again lengthwise (so each piece of bacon is cut into four equal pieces).
- Sprinkle bacon with smoked paprika.
- Pitted dates are already sliced so fill each one with a piece of fontina cheese.
- Wrap each date with the cut piece of bacon (smoked paprika side facing date) and secure with a toothpick. Arrange on a medium baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15-ish minutes. Keep your eye on the bacon. Once it's fully cooked, remove from the oven. Arrange dates on a platter and serve!
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.