Quick Spice-Rubbed Chicken Tacos Recipe With Creamy Poblanos by Donna John
Crispy ground beef tacos are amazing, but sometimes you need to shake up taco night. Healthy chicken breast and poblano peppers – with just a hint of spice – combine to make a quick and tasty taco recipe.
Serve this easy spice-rubbed chicken taco recipe with guacamole or sliced or grilled avocado, Spanish rice or cilantro rice and refried beans. But if you don't have time for side dishes, they're a great dinner all on their own.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 - 4 poblano peppers
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning or 1 teaspoon ground cumin and 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- corn tortillas, heated
Here's how to make it:
- Roast the poblanos over a stove burner or under the broiler until blackened. Remove to cool then remove the skin, seeds and slice into strips.
- Combine the olive oil and taco seasoning or cumin and chili powder. Stir to combine.
- Rub the mixture all over the chicken breasts. Season with salt.
- Cook the chicken breasts in a hot skillet until well browned on both sides and cooked through. Set aside.
- Add the sliced poblanos, garlic and heavy cream to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Slice the chicken.
- To serve, spoon some of the poblano mixture into the tortilla and top with chicken.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Corn Tortillas $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.