30-Minute Creamy Roasted Poblano & Chicken Soup Recipe Will Not Disappoint by Donna John
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 - 4 cups shredded cooked chicken (I used chicken breasts)
- 3 poblano peppers, roasted, seeded and chopped (here's how to roast poblano peppers)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ears corn on the cob, kernels removed and ears discarded
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules or chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- shredded cheese
- chopped red onion
- tortilla chips
Here's how to make it:
- Heat a little olive oil in a large pot. Cook the onions, corn and peppers for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, water and cumin. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and cook about 3 minutes more.
- Pour in the cream. Gently simmer until it thickens up a bit, then season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into bowls and top with desired toppings.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Chicken Bouillon Granules $2 & Up
Chicken Bouillon Cubes $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.