Homemade Chicken Nuggets: Skip the Fast Food & Make These (They're Better!) by Gigi Gaggero
My chicken nuggets are better than theirs! (You know who I'm talking about!) Yep, I said it. Just say no to fast food and make these in 30 minutes or less!
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt or 2 cups homemade ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (if only using yogurt to coat)
- 1 cup crushed organic cornflake-type cereal or panko (I like it better with the cereal.)
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenders, halved lengthwise
- equal parts of brown mustard and honey for dipping sauce (or serve with my homemade ketchup)
Here’s how to make them:
- In a gallon-size plastic zipper bag, add the yogurt or ranch dressing – or a combo of both. (I like ranch best!) Add the Italian seasoning if you’re only using yogurt.
- In another gallon-size plastic zipper bag, add the cereal. Smash into large crumbs.
- Season the chicken with the spices on the front and back. Dip into the wet ingredients to completely coat, and then dip into the dry ingredients to completely coat.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10 to 20 minutes or until cooked, turning at the midway point.
- While the chicken bakes, make the dip by combining equal parts of the mustard and honey.
Get dipping and enjoy!