Homemade Ketchup Recipe: Relax, It's Easy to Make Ketchup at Home by Gigi Gaggero
Stop buying that bottled stuff and try my DIY ketchup recipe. This homemade ketchup is fast, fun and delicious!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Total Time: 21 minutes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) unsalted organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
Here’s how to make it:
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients except the olive oil, cornstarch and water. Process to a liquid.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan. Add the tomato mixture. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 2 cups, about 10 minutes.
- Place the cornstarch in a small bowl and add the 2 teaspoons of water. Stir until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to pan and cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Cool. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Squeeze Bottles $4 & Up
Red Wine Vinegar $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Allspice $3 & Up
Organic Diced Tomatoes $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Food Processors $25 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.