This Veggies & Dip Jars Snack Hack Simplifies Healthier On-the-Go Eating (30-Second Video) by Christine Jones
As a mom of three, I'm always running to activities and sporting events with the kids. That means I need lots of healthy on-the-go vegetable snacks for them (and for myself) to keep us fueled and powered up.
My favorite snack hack? These portable veggies and dip jars, which simplify healthier on-the-go eating. This is a gluten-free, vegetarian snack you can feel good about eating, no matter where you are. I use Ball Plastic Freezer Jars, but any non-breakable jar will do.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: Depends on how much you use
- container of hummus or tzatziki
- jar of peanut butter or other nut butter
- bottle of ranch dressing
- assorted pre-chopped vegetable sticks of your choice (such as carrots, celery, cucumbers)
Here’s how to make them:
- Put a generous scoop of your favorite spread like hummus, tzatziki, ranch dressing or even peanut butter (or another nut butter) in the jar.
- Add in pre-chopped vegetable sticks, such as cucumbers, carrots and celery.
- Screw on the cap and you're ready to feed hungry kids (and parents).
Note: I always have some pretzel sticks or baked chips on hand as well so they can keep dunking once they get done with the veggies. Stay powered up, no matter where you are!
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ball Jar 16-Ounce Plastic Freezer Jar $5.50
Ball Plastic Freezer Jar 8 Ounces $5
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.