This Kale Salad Recipe is So Good, No One Will Believe It's Healthy! by Jan Mostrom
I know what you're thinking – this is not just another kale salad. I made it for a dinner party the other night, and everyone asked me for the recipe! It's super simple.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red or yellow pepper, diced
- 1 bag baby kale
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoon sunflower seeds
Here's what you need for the avocado dressing:
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 - 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- sea salt, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Slice up tomatoes, green peppers, carrots and green onions.
- Rinse quinoa and prepare according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, mix together the vegetables. Add 1 1/2 cups warm quinoa. Mix together all ingredients for avocado dressing, then add it on top of salad. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large serving bowl, toss everything together. Serve to your family or guests, and sit back and wait for compliments (and recipe requests)!