Best Places to Visit in Germany: 6 Health-Conscious & Cultural Travel Options in Germany by 30Seconds Travel
As spring is finally approaching and we see a greater need for more health-conscious travel options than ever before, the German National Tourist Board would like to take you on a journey through Germany's nature and sustainable regions, while also keeping in mind what cultural and cosmopolitan offers are available in our towns and cities. Once travel to Germany is possible again, you will be able to enjoy the diversity of Germany and at the same time honor sustainability.
- Porcelain in Rudolstadt: Rudolstadt in Thuringia is home to one of the oldest and most famous porcelain factories that still operates today. Besides shopping for exquisite and typical Thuringian porcelain figures, visitors are also invited to go on a guided tour and learn about the art and making of porcelain firsthand. Shop in Germany!
- Boutique Hotels: Hamburg is the perfect combination of nature and city living! Amongst trendy restaurants, city beaches, theaters and shops, you will also find delightful boutique hotels in Hamburg, like Landhaus Flottbek, Raphael Hotel Wälderhaus and the Henri Hotel. Visit Hamburg!
- Sustainability in Deidesheim: The wine-growing town Deidesheim in Rhineland-Palatinate is known for its delicious Riesling. Many wine makers here use sustainable methods to produce the highest quality wines while local guest houses provide top-quality accommodation for small-scale tourism. Deidesheim has been a certified Cittaslow region since 2009. Learn more about sustainability!
- Bad Hindelang: For health-conscious travelers, a vacation in Bad Hindelang, Bavaria, is a must! Hiking fans will enjoy the pristine nature on a variety of trails, and afterwards rest in one of the many family-run hotels or guest houses. The region has also been awarded the seal “quality-tested for allergy sufferers” and is therefore perfect for those suffering from allergies. More about Bad Hindelang!
- Love around Germany: The Hohenzollern Bridge in Cologne is decorated with 40,000 locks thanks to a new charming tradition that came from Italy. Lovers attach a little padlock engraved with their initials and the date they met to the railings of the bridge, close the lock and throw the key into the water. This is said to ensure eternal love. Discover more romantic places!
- Magic by the River: People have always been drawn to the magical and romantic atmosphere of the Rhine, especially painters and poets of the Romantic period. They used the beautiful landscapes with its proud castles and wild cliffs as inspiration for their art and therefore contributed to the Rhine's popularity. Take a trip along the Rhine!
Photos courtesy of German National Tourist Board.
Photo (main): View of Bad Hindelang in Bavaria, Germany (Bigstock).
Source: German National Tourist Board press release.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.