Bonding Before Birth: 8 Easy Ideas to Create a Lasting Connection With Your Unborn Baby by Jessica Acree
By now, the reality of your pregnancy has set in. You're proudly rocking a baby bump as you try to wiggle your way into clothes that fit. You're scouring baby names for one that has the perfect ring to it. So, what else can you do before their grand entrance to bond? Here are some simple ideas to make you feel more connected:
- Read or sing out loud: The sound of your voice is soothing and beneficial!
- Prepare the nursery: Make it a space you both want to spend a lot of time in.
- Play music you'll both love: Pretend no one is watching and dance a little. (I dare you not to smile!)
- Journal your way through pregnancy: The good and the bad! It's all part of the incredible journey.
- Tune into those flips and turns, wiggles and oh-so-darling hiccups: Experiencing a pregnancy is like nothing else. Hit pause and remember to take it all in.
- Practice prenatal yoga or soak in a warm (not hot) bath: You mind, your body and your baby will benefit from the soothing effects.
- Go for a casual swim or walk: If you feel relaxed, Baby will, too! It's OK to slow down and it's important to feel your best!
- Give Baby a sweet nickname: It's sure to bring a smile to your face as you prepare for their big arrival!
No matter what, try to find the joy in each stage of pregnancy, even when you're not feeling so hot. Remember that you're creating a little miracle in there and that's reason enough to be mindful and celebrate the journey. Think about it this way: for those 9 to 10 months and beyond, you'll never be alone! Enjoy the company.