Editor's Letter: Here's Why April Showers Bring May Flowers & Much More (Plus What's Trending On 30Seconds This Week) by Elisa Schmitz
It’s been raining – a lot. I don’t mean just this past month; I mean this past year. Overcast skies, storm clouds and torrential rain – all in the form of a global pandemic that has wreaked havoc on our health and safety, and our personal and professional lives. It’s been raining so hard that many of us feel like we’ve been drowning, and we grieve for those we have lost in the storm.
But the sun looks to be beating back the rain. Finally, grass is greener, skies are bluer and flowers are blooming everywhere. While trying to get a COVID-19 vaccine used to feel like The Hunger Games, now more and more people are being vaccinated. We’re even able to be mask-free outdoors, making it all that much easier to stop and smell the roses.
Yes, May is here and it brought with it so much more than flowers. It brought progress toward that elusive state called normal, and it brought hope for an eventual end to this brutal pandemic.
That’s why for me, May is all about celebrating. So you just might see me chasing butterflies or frolicking in the flowers, all month long. Because it’s time to tiptoe through the tulips, dammit.
Here's What's Trending On 30Seconds This Week
- #30Seconds Twitter Chat Wednesday: Join Us for an Out of This World Live Interview With "Earth to Ned" Executive Producer Brian Henson of The Jim Henson Company
- A Gratefulness Revival: 5 Truths to Keep In Mind This Spring & a Simple Exercise for Harvesting Gratitude
- St. Jude Pediatric Virologist Reacts to FDA Emergency Use Authorization of the Pfizer Vaccine for Kids Ages 12-15
- Easy Sweet & Sour Chicken: This Simple Sweet & Sour Chicken Recipe Satisfies Those Chinese Food Cravings
- 2-Ingredient Blueberry Sorbet Recipe: This Berry Sorbet Recipe Will Be Your Healthy Addiction
- Inspired to Join the Silver Circle: Why So Many Women (and Men) Have Decided to Let Their Hair Go Gray Naturally
Want to Contribute?
If you have some inspiration you'd like to share, we invite you to join our tribe and become a 30Seconds contributor. On 30Seconds, we realize that time is your most precious resource, and we’ll help you make the most of it. We look forward to having you join our thriving community. You can learn more about me at ElisaSchmitz.com, and get my inspiration for achieving career and life success at BecomeTheFire.com.
Want to Work With Us?
We work with companies we feel good about. To learn more, get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.