How to Easily Create Your Own DIY Canvas Print for Your Home! by Ben Olds
a year ago
It's easy to make your own canvas prints to hang on your walls at home! All you need is:
- a stretched piece of canvas (found at Michael's or Hobby Lobby)
- black paint
- foam brush
- Mod Podge
- a photo
Here's how to do it:
- Order a print for the same size canvas that you get.
- Once you have your print, you will need to paint the edge of the canvas black (your photo will not cover this area). I also recommend painting onto the front of the canvas about 1 inch as well.
- When your paint is dry, apply a liberal amount of Mod Podge to the front of the canvas. Be sure to get all the way to the edge of the canvas.
- Lay your print down and smooth out from the middle. To keep flat when drying, lay face down and place a weight on the back.
- When dry, cover with one more coat of Mod Podge to seal.
Hang on the wall and enjoy! To read more about making your own canvas prints, click here!
Provides an exceptional medium to inspire creativity at every stage of the painting process. Set of 5.
Dries clear in approximately 15 to 20 minutes and can be sanded to a smooth finish. Apply with brush or sponge applicator.
For use with acrylics. Brushes have wood handles and are 1-inch wide.