5 Ridiculously Easy DIY Ways to Repel Mosquitoes! by Joani Plenty
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the strength given to a female mosquito after just one bite from your child will allow it to lay 100 to 300 eggs! Blahhhh. But try one or all of these home remedies for a more enjoyable, bite-and-bump-free, summer!
- Bubble Machine - Fun and effective
- Homemade Repellant - Mix one part lemongrass, eucalyptus, and/or citrus oils to three parts water. Spray in small test area first. For kids older than 3 ONLY
- Fabric Softener Sheets - Rub yourselves down and/or stick them into your pockets
- Fan: The wind is too much for those pesky nibblers
- DIY Floating Candles - Fill mason or jelly jars with water. Add about 24 drops of cinnamon oil, lemon slices, fresh rosemary sprigs and a floating tealight candle.
Enjoy the scent of a mosquito-free summer.