How to Control Mosquitoes Naturally: 5 Ridiculously Easy DIY Ways to Repel Mosquitoes by Joan Poindexter
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the strength given to a female mosquito after just one bite from your child will allow it to lay 100 to 300 eggs! Blahhhh. But try one or all of these home remedies for a more enjoyable bite and bump-free summer:
- Bubble Machine: Fun and effective!
- Homemade Repellent: Mix one part lemongrass, eucalyptus and/or citrus essential oils to three parts water. Spray in small test area first. For kids older than 3 only.
- Fabric Softener Sheets: Rub yourselves down and/or stick them into your pockets.
- Fan: The wind is too much for those pesky nibblers.
- DIY Floating Candles: Fill mason jars or jelly jars with water. Add about 24 drops of cinnamon oil, lemon slices, fresh rosemary sprigs and a floating tealight candle.
Enjoy the scent of a mosquito-free summer.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Bubble Machines $10 & Up
Eucalyptus Oil $6 & Up
Citrus Essential Oils $4 & Up
Lemongrass Essential Oils $6 & Up
Floating Tealight Candles $6 & Up
Fabric Softener Sheets $4 & Up
Fans $10 & Up
Cinnamon Essential Oil $6 & Up
Mason Jars $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.