First Friends: 7 Tips to Help Parents Teach Kids How to Be a Good Friend! by Jill Ceder, LMSW, JD
5 years ago
Add to collection
Kids model their parents – and learn from their verbal and non-verbal communication. It’s your job to teach your child how to react to situations and how to treat others. Here are seven tips to help!
- Don't criticize, condemn or complain.
- Be a good listener and encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Make others feel important and do it sincerely.
- Know when you use suggestions and do not give direct orders.
- Be friendly and don’t meet aggression with aggression. Be assertive, not aggressive.
- Praise other’s achievements.
- Be empathetic towards others.
Encourage your child to be social. First friends can last a lifetime!