Water Safety Is Top Priority in the Summer: Here Are 5 Tips for Families by Holly Budde
Summer is here, and that means time to play in the water. A favorite summer pastime, swimming, also can be dangerous. Here are my thoughts on safety around water:
- Never rely on swimming lessons alone.
- Teach kids to respect the water and watch them constantly.
- When you're swimming with your kids at the pool, beach or lake, stay off the phone until break time.
- In the boat or at the shore, make sure all kids have life jackets.
- Never rely on flotation devices.
Safety first! I've had both my kids in the water since infancy, they are avid swimmers and water sportsman, yet these rules are never bent.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pool Floaties for Kids $5 & Up
Life Jackets for Kids $10 & Up
Pool Safety Alarms $20 & Up
Pool Safety Ropes $8 & Up
Pool Safety Covers $300 & Up
Pool Safety Fences $90 & Up
CPR Charts $8
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.