How to Integrate Holistic Health Into Your Daily Life: 5 Simple Wellness Activities to Include in Your Day by Dr. Bradley Nelson
Holistic wellness focuses on the connection between mind, body and spirit. It isn’t just about treating symptoms; it seeks to find the root causes that create the issues. By living a more holistic lifestyle, you may be able to enhance your body’s natural ability to restore itself.
Here are some holistic wellness activities to include in your daily life:
- Start Your Day With a Meditation Practice: This is a great way to clear your mind and connect with yourself before heading into the world. You might also take time to connect with your higher power during your meditation. There are many health benefits to meditation, including reducing stress, feelings of anxiousness and depression, all while enhancing self-awareness, memory and attention.
- Well-being in Your Workday: Did you know that 83 percent of American workers report suffering from work-related stress? Holistic health can help reduce workday stress. Deep breathing helps ease stress by sending a message to your brain to calm down and relax. Practice it at your desk or during a short break.
- Eat for Wellness: Getting proper nutrition can help you feel better, avoid illness, boost your mood and increase focus. Nutritional research consistently shows that eating fewer processed foods provides lots of health benefits. Focusing on eating fruits veggies, and whole foods to start. Eat small portions. Make sure you stay hydrated with pure water between meals.
- Wellness After Work: Socialization is an important part of holistic wellness. Having positive, supportive relationships can have a huge impact on both your mental and physical health. Nurture the positive relationships you already have by reaching out, prioritizing spending time with those people, expressing your appreciation for them and actively supporting them as well. If your circle of friends is smaller than you’d like, consider picking up a new activity to widen your social network.
- Write Before Bed: Writing about your day before sleep helps support your mental health by identifying problems, fears and concerns – as well as the things that are going well in your life. It can be an opportunity for positive self-talk and a time to identify what you’re grateful for. Prompts to help you start a journaling practice include writing a list of things that make you feel grateful, activities that bring you joy, a lesson you learned from a mistake or a note detailing what you appreciate about someone in your life.
If You Want to See Someone for Help
When you need a little extra support, consider setting up an appointment to see someone who works in the holistic wellness field.
- A chiropractor works with the structure of the body to restore balance and function between the organs, glands and the nervous system of the body, often relieving pain. They also help with joint issues.
- An acupuncturist restores health and well-being by way of the body's acupuncture meridians.
- A massage therapist works with the muscles of the body to relieve discomfort, bringing greater well-being and relaxation.
- An Emotion Code or Body Code Practitioner identifies and clears emotional and energetic imbalances that lead to all types of pain and disease in the body.
Knowing that help is available brings hope. Whatever you’re going through, you don’t have to do it alone. Reach out to a certified holistic health practitioner to receive the support you need.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
The Emotion Code: How to Release Your Trapped Emotions for Abundant Health, Love and Happiness by Dr. Bradley Nelson $15
Meditation Accessories $6 & Up
Journals $6 & Up
Healthy Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.