Our Post-Pandemic Future: 6 Ways to Manage Social Media Usage to Help Overcome Fear & Find Purpose by Jeff Krasno
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the percentage of adults with symptoms of anxiety or a depressive disorder increased significantly during the COVID-19 pandemic, and people are still struggling. As more and more Americans are vaccinated, the nation looks hopefully toward a post-pandemic future, yet many feel paralyzed by fear, anxiety and grief. There is a way out.
Social media is the source of much of the anxiety, fear and political division Americans are facing today. If there is any remote hope of finding reconciliation, we must collectively eschew our addiction to social media. Here are my top tips to manage social media usage:
- Actively cultivate in-person, face-to-face time whenever possible.
- Engage in nuanced, respectful conversation, especially with folks you do not agree with.
- Find ethical sources for news that rely on legitimate experts and multiple sources, independently fact-check, have minimal biases and publish corrections.
- Read or listen to long-form content that can capture nuance and expand attention span.
- Be aware of modifications and radicalizations in your own behavior and ideologies.
- Limit your social media time. Turn off the Wi-Fi at night. Put phones in a basket during dinner.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Wanderlust Find Your True Fork: Journeys in Healthy, Delicious and Ethical Eating: A Cookbook by Jeff Krasno $7
Cellphone Jails $8 & Up
News Magazine $2 & Up
Bestselling Books $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.