Women’s Health & Fitness Day: 5 Simple Health Tips for Women of All Ages From a Nutritionist by Dr. Vikki Petersen
Women’s bodies are very special. Unique is our ability to procreate and “build a baby body from scratch” while also producing milk to sustain its growth and health. Young women, in their lifestyle and diet choices, are creating a future of hormonal balance or imbalance for the rest of their lives. Menopausal women require hormonal balance for bone health, heart health and brain health for the rest of their lives. Yet as women, we often put ourselves last after partners, children, parents and friends, much to the detriment of our physical and mental well-being.
Here are five important things that can help women stay healthy:
- Get Sleep: Not skimping on sleep is critical for repair, hormonal balance (including cortisol) and anti-aging. It’s also crucial for the body to be able to heal and keep the immune system strong. Strive to get your optimal amount of sleep every single night.
- Stay Hydrated: The importance of eight glasses of purified water per day cannot be overstated. Water removes toxins, maintains gut health, promotes hormonal balance, helps revitalize skin and so much more. Drinking enough water even helps regulate appetite. It’s one of the most important things you can do to maintain optimal health and well-being.
- Exercise: Forty minutes per day at moderate intensity, for at least five days per week, will keep hormones balanced, muscles strong, mood balanced and help your brain function optimally. Exercise is an important aspect of both mental health and physical health, so find something you love and do it consistently.
- Avoid Junk Food: Ditch the refined sugar, fast food and processed foods, while embracing fresh produce (seven servings of vegetables and fruit), beans, seeds, nuts and wild-caught fish. Eating less refined sugar will also help you crave more healthy foods, making this a win-win for cultivating a healthy diet.
- Practice Self-care Every Day: Grant yourself some “me time” each and every day. An hour would be great, but even 30 minutes dedicated to something that makes you happy and relaxed is great. Self-care helps reduce stress and improves mood; something we all need a little more of right now.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sleep Machines $15 & Up
Exercise Equipment $5 & Up
Healthy Cookbooks $3 & Up
Motivation Water Bottles $7 & Up
Self-care for Women $5 & Up
Healthy Snacks $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.