Fibromyalgia Pain Relief: 5 Tips to Help Combat Chronic Fibromyalgia Pain (From Someone Who's Done It) by Jaya Jaya Myra
With May comes the start of Fibromyalgia Awareness Month – a month to raise awareness and educate others about fibromyalgia and the effects it has on those struggling through it.
Fibromyalgia is not a lifetime illness or something insurmountable, even though it can feel that way. After allopathic medicine failed me, I found natural ways to reclaim my life and health and I’m healthier than I’ve ever been. Small, simple changes to mind-body well-being can go a very long way to reclaiming your health.
- Ditch the Dairy: Dairy products all cause a tremendous amount of inflammation in the body. Even if eating dairy doesn’t cause GI problems or bloating, it’s a major culprit for brain fog, headaches and body pain in general. Try replacing dairy products with a vegan alternative and you’ll likely notice a huge difference in how your body feels.
- Adapt a Daily Mindfulness or Meditation Practice: Meditation and mindfulness not only reduce stress and promote calm, but they also help to balance the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system. Oftentimes, people struggling with chronic pain have their sympathetic nervous system kicked into overdrive, which keeps the parasympathetic nervous system, the one responsible for rest, healing and regeneration, switched off. Balancing the two can help the body heal itself and reduce pain and fatigue naturally. I attribute meditation to over 85 percent of my journey healing from fibromyalgia and highly recommend it to anyone suffering from chronic pain.
- Adaptogenic Herbs for Adrenal Support: Both Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine have adaptogenic herbs that are very useful for helping support the adrenals and anything else in the body that needs some extra support. Adaptogenic herbs have a host of benefits and basically help wherever help is needed. Oftentimes, people battling fatigue need extra adrenal support, and herbs like reishi, chaga and ashwagandha can help tremendously! So can ditch things that tax the adrenals like excessive caffeine and refined sugar.
- Move, Every Single Day: It’s important to get up and move, every single day! This doesn’t mean doing an intense aerobic workout either. A short walk, daily yoga and other simple things can help improve overall mind body well-being that helps the physical body feel better, too. Make to get outside, get some fresh air and get moving each day. This helps keep the head clear and relieve pains in the body.
- Cultivate Purpose and Beauty in Life: There is a direct connection between purpose and health, both mental health and physical health. Not only can finding and living your purpose support hormones and immune health, but it also increases energy and motivation. It’s important to create beauty and meaning in life, and this should never be underestimated because these intangible concepts have very tangible connections to physical health and wellness. The more beauty you create, the healthier you will become.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Reishi $11 & Up
Chaga $12 & Up
Ashwagandha $10 & Up
Books About Fibromyalgia $3 & Up
Yoga Accessories $6 & Up
Meditation Accessories $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.