Healthy Back-to-School Lunch Tips for School or Home: 5 Ways to Make Lunchtime Healthier by Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
Whether you are sending your children back to school or participating in online learning at home, it’s important to fuel your littles ones' brains with healthy food options. Here are some ways to make school lunches healthy – whether at home or in the classroom:
- Include a variety of food. When packing a school lunch or eating at home, mix up the kinds of meals you serve your children. This will encourage them to create healthy eating habits.
- Serve lots of fruits and vegetables. It’s important your children have a balanced diet, including fruits and vegetables that can help boost their immune systems.
- Don’t overdo it at home. If your child is eating at home, manage when and how much they eat to avoid overeating or binge eating on unhealthy foods.
- Look out for signs of eating disorders. Take note of your child’s eating habits. If they change or you are concerned, reach out to your local nurse practitioner (NP) with any questions. Don’t know the signs? Here are signs of eating disorders.
- Watch out for allergies and food sensitivities. Some children may develop allergies or sensitivities to certain foods, such as wheat or dairy products. If you think your child may have an issue with certain foods, reach out to your local NP to see how they can help.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
The School Year Survival Cookbook: Healthy Recipes and Sanity-Saving Strategies for Every Family and Every Meal (Even Snacks) $16
Lunch Boxes $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.