Prostate Cancer Facts & Stats: 8 Things Every Man Should Know About Prostate Cancer by Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
Prostate problems are a part of life – more than 90 percent of men will experience some sort of prostate issue by the time they turn 80. While these can be uncomfortable, it’s prostate cancer that men really need to worry about. One in nine will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime. Here’s what every man needs to know:
- Prostate is the most common non-skin cancer in men, and the second leading cause of death.
- The cure rate for prostate cancer is 99 percent, if caught early.
- The most common symptoms include frequent urination, blood in semen and erectile dysfunction.
- Screening for prostate cancer should start as early as 40, depending on risk factors.
- African-American men have the highest risk.
- There are several ways to screen for prostate cancer.
- Prostate cancer may not require surgery or treatment.
- Treatment options vary widely.
Prostate cancer is dangerous, but if found early, it’s very treatable. If you notice prostate problems or if you are due for a screen based on your age or risk factors, make an appointment with a provider today! To learn more visit WeChooseNPs.org.
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.