Public Health: Here Are 5 Public Health Victories Worth Celebrating by Joyce Knestrick, CRNP, FAANP
April 1 kicked off National Public Health Week. Despite challenges that remain throughout our public health infrastructure, there’s a lot we can celebrate:
- Nurse practitioners (NPs) are helping to offset physician shortages to ensure more people have access to quality care, especially in underserved areas.
- New exercise guidelines update the old, rigid criteria with a “move more, sit less” approach, encouraging more people to just get active.
- Convenient, cost-effective retail clinics make it easier for more people to see a quality provider on their own time.
- More businesses are embracing paid leave to boost morale and productivity.
- The number of new diabetes cases is declining, reflecting lifestyle improvements and better intervention.
Public health is complex, and there will always be challenges, but any progress is good progress. These five trends represent greater access to care and better preventative medicine to improve outcomes – a winning combination for better overall health!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.