Supplements As We Age: The Best Vitamins to Take in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s & 60s by Dr. Christopher Calapai
Vitamins are essential in our daily routine, but how do you know what you should be taking in your 20s compared to your 40s or 60s? Here’s my top recommendations for vitamins you should be taking through the generations:
- Your 20s: In our 20s, we’re super active, so vitamin B is really important. Vitamin B will keep you energized throughout the day and prevent you from crashing. Vitamin C is another important vitamin that will boost your immune system and slow down the skin’s aging process.
- Your 30s: Our 30s require a lot of vitamin D, which helps strengthen bones and keep your teeth healthy. Vitamin D deficiencies can cause health issues such as bone abnormalities and increased bone tenderness, which can lead to osteomalacia. This is especially important in the winter months as vitamin D levels from the sun are harder to absorb.
- Your 40s: Once you reach 40, be sure to get a lot of calcium and potassium. You should also be taking a multivitamin daily. A multivitamin helps with memory loss and lowers the chance of cancer.
- Your 50s: In our 50s, omega 3 is a key vitamin since it lowers blood pressure and prevents heart disease. There are three types of omega 3s, one being DHA, that improves eye health. These fatty acids can also fight off inflammation in the body.
- Your 60s: Come 60, vitamin B12 is known to keep nerve and blood cells at its healthiest, while also preventing anemia, making you tired or weak. Iron maintains healthy muscle function as well, so this is a must.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Multivitamins $5 & Up
Omega 3 $6 & Up
Vitamin D $4
Vitamin B $6 & Up
Vitamin C $6 & Up
Calcium $5 & Up
Potassium $8 & Up
Vitamin B12 $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.