Do You Know the Signs of Alcohol Poisoning? Don't Rely on Luck This St. Patrick's Day! by 30Seconds Health

Family Health
6 years ago

Do You Know the Signs of Alcohol Poisoning? Don't Rely on Luck This St. Patrick's Day!

Celebrating St. Patrick's Day can include drinking – even drinking to excess. And the results can be deadly. Although many people enjoy moderate drinking, defined as one drink per day for women or two for men, drinking too much can lead to an overdose, or alcohol poisoning. An overdose of alcohol occurs when a person has a blood alcohol content (or BAC) sufficient to produce impairments that increase the risk of harm.

Learn more about alcohol poisoning via the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse & Alcoholism.

The Health Effects of Binge Drinking: Why You Need to Talk to Your Teen Now!

Watermelon Mint Mocktail Recipe: This Watermelon, Mint & Lime Juice Drink Is Festive & Refreshing

What Breastfeeding Moms Need to Know About Food & Alcohol

Breast Cancer Report Has Surprising Findings About Alcoholic Consumption & Exercise

Elisa Schmitz
Such important info. Let’s not get too carried away, friends!

join discussion

Please login to comment.

recommended tips

Finding Joy This Holiday Season: 13 Ways to Cope With Holiday Loneliness During the Pandemic

Balancing Your Chakras Through Meditation: Which Practice Is Right for You?

Mental Health & the Holidays: 3 Ways to Move Through a Less-Stress Christmas!