Food Cravings: What's Your Favorite Flavor? 10 Healthy Ways to Appease Your Hankerings! by Vicki Shanta Retelny, RDN
Whenever I chat with people about what they like to eat, there's usually a preference for salty, savory foods or sweet foods. Which camp do you fall in? It might change from day to day, too. Some of my favorite sweet treats are:
- Cocoa nibs + peanuts + dried cranberries in a trail mix.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder + peanut butter + honey on whole-grain toast.
- Honey + berries in plain Greek yogurt.
- Apple, strawberry and pear slices dipped in melted dark chocolate chips.
- Dates, pitted, stuffed with raw almonds.
Some of my favorite salty, savory treats are:
- Air-popped popcorn seasoned with salt, garlic and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
- A handful of salt and pepper-flavored pistachios.
- Blue tortilla chips and salsa.
- Avocado spread on whole-grain toast with a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
- Hummus + sliced mini cucumbers, red peppers and carrots.
What are some of your favorite flavor combinations?
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cocoa Nibs $5 & Up
Dried Cranberries $4 & Up
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
Honey $6 & Up
Dates $3 & Up
Nutritional Yeast $7 & Up
Salt & Pepper Pistachios $4 & Up
Blue Corn Tortilla Chips $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.