Spread Goodness: 6 Easy Ways to Be Kind & Make a Difference! by Molly Laird
We live in a very strange time where our leaders do not always lead and good does not always prevail. Here are six ways to perpetuate goodness and make life easier for others:
- While walking from one place to the next, make eye contact with people. Say hello. Smile.
- Try and pick up three pieces of trash each day.
- If you take public transportation, remember to thank the conductors and drivers. If you don't, remember to thank the person working at the gas station.
- If you have leftovers that you are not interested in, still have the restaurant pack up the remaining food (including the bread at the table that will be thrown away after you leave) and give to a homeless person in need.
- If you experience good service somewhere, go out of your way to tell the management and express your gratitude. If you receive poor service, take a moment to see things in a different light. Before complaining, ask yourself, "Is it truly worth it to pass on this negative energy?"
- In the summer, carry an extra water bottle with you and offer it to someone who needs it. In the winter, carry an extra pair of thick socks or hand warmers and offer them to someone who needs it.
Every little bit of kindness helps!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.