Fibromyalgia: S.H.I.N.E. Protocol May Help With Treatment & Pain Management of the Syndrome by Jacob Teitelbaum
Fibromyalgia (FM) affects more than 12 million Americans. This musculoskeletal syndrome is characterized by widespread pain, tender points, incapacitating fatigue, anxiety, depression, migraines/chronic headaches, fibro fog (inability to concentrate/focus) and a myriad of other seemingly disconnected symptoms. As a chronic pain and fibromyalgia expert, I know fibromyalgia is a devastating condition that robs you of your life. Imagine a toothache that spreads through your whole body and lasts for 20 years. That’s what it feels like living with fibromyalgia. Unfortunately, most physicians are absolutely clueless about pain management and treatment of fibromyalgia is no exception.
I've dedicated my 35-year career to finding effective treatments for fibromyalgia and its equally disabling cousin, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). My S.H.I.N.E.® protocol, a five-step integrative approach to restoring and optimizing energy, has been successfully used to treat patients with fibromyalgia. S.H.I.N.E. was originally published as a peer-reviewed, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in the Journal of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Here are the highlights from my S.H.I.N.E. protocol for fibromyalgia:
- Sleep: When you have fibromyalgia, getting enough sleep can be difficult. Even though you feel exhausted, insomnia is commonplace and is aggravated by pain and stiffness in the body. Nonetheless, sleep is crucial for this energy-depleting condition, and you should be getting between eight and nine hours per night.
- Hormones: Checking your hormone levels and getting on a thyroid medication can help improve your symptoms. Most patients with fibromyalgia also suffer from hormone deficiencies.
- Infections: Get treatment when symptoms of infections occur. The lack of restorative sleep in CFS/FM can lead to a dysfunctional immune system. Underlying viral, bacterial, bowel, sinus and yeast infections are common and can be a chronic feature of CFS/FM.
- Nutrition: You need to be sure you’re getting optimal nutrition, especially because the entire nervous system is depleted and under duress. Taking a vitamin powder can help you get the right amount of vitamins and minerals without having to swallow handfuls of pills.
- Exercise: If you're able to exercise, you should be doing just that. Even walking for 30 minutes a day can help to ease symptoms and strengthen body and mind.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.