Navigate the Workplace: 7 Mindful Perspectives for Young Professionals! by Kelli Schulte
Employers are becoming more interested in the Emotional Intelligence levels of new hires. In fact, 71 percent of surveyed hiring managers said that EQ was more important than IQ. I asked a Chicago-based senior leader what advice he would give young professionals. He came back with these seven tips.
- Run a marathon. Don't seek out instant gratification. Instead, get some experience and pace yourself.
- Don't just punch a clock. Employers want spark! Work in an area that fuels your passion.
- Be curious. Ask questions, and don’t be afraid to be engaged and make suggestions.
- Choose yourself. How do you want to be known?
- Prepare for a roller coaster ride. You are going to have good days and bad . Be prepared for both.
- See the forest through the trees.
- Embrace change. Be willing to get out of your comfort zone.
Read more here!