Sleep Awareness: 8 Tips to Help You Get the Best Night's Sleep of Your Life by Dr. Shayna Mancuso
Numerous studies have shown that not getting enough shut-eye may increase one's risk of developing certain serious medical conditions. Insufficient sleep has been linked to weight gain, a poorly functioning immune system, hypertension and the inability to retain information. Many studies have suggested a link between heart disease and stroke. Improving our sleep patterns may improve our overall health, so let's work on getting a few more ZZZZZs with these eight tips!
- Consider seeing a Sleep Medicine Specialist for an evaluation of a possible sleep disorder.
- Studies have shown that Cognitive Behavioral Therapy may be very beneficial.
- Investigate alternative therapies such as meditation, yoga, hypotherapy or essential oils such as Doterra's Serenity Restful blend.
- Exercise earlier in the day for at least 30 minutes a day. (Read more about bedtime.)
- Avoid drinking fluids before bed and eat a light snack 30 minutes before bed.
- Caffeine and alcohol should be avoided if your goal is to improve sleep quality.
- Keep your surroundings peaceful with a good mattress, dark room, proper temperature and filter sounds – perhaps with a noise machine.
- Keep in mind that medications for sleep are not a long-term solution.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.