About to Grab a Soda? 5 Reasons Why You May Want to Reconsider! by Mei Marcie
On warm days (or any day), you may want to reach for a cold soda. Before you do, read these five negatives of soda (you may reach for a glass of water afterwards!):
- Sugar: It promotes inflammation and is also linked to obesity and pre-diabetes.
- High-fructose corn syrup: Never good. It’s an industrial food that is absorbed into the bloodstream and is linked to liver damage.
- Acids: Promotes inflammation of the stomach lining.
- Aspartame: Linked to brain tumors, birth defects and diabetes.
- Preservatives: Linked to allergic conditions.
Reach for cold water or green tea instead!
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal health care provider.