About to Grab a Soda? 5 Reasons Why You May Want to Reconsider! by Mei Marcie
On warm days (or any day), you may want to reach for a cold soda. Before you do, read these five negatives of soda (you may reach for a glass of water afterwards!):
- Sugar: It promotes inflammation and is also linked to obesity and pre-diabetes.
- High-fructose corn syrup: Never good. It’s an industrial food that is absorbed into the bloodstream and is linked to liver damage.
- Acids: Promotes inflammation of the stomach lining.
- Aspartame: Linked to brain tumors, birth defects and diabetes.
- Preservatives: Linked to allergic conditions.
Reach for cold water or green tea instead!