Easy Tomato Galette Recipe: Try This Creative Tomato Recipe for Your Summer Tomato Crop Side Dishes Lunch Vegetarian
My tomato plants are producing lots of plump, juicy tomatoes – but they're all getting ripe at the same time. If you're looking for new tomato recipes for your summer tomatoes, try this easy tomato galette recipe. Use whatever tomatoes you have on hand.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
- 2 tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 1 container Boursin cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (cheddar, provolone, Swiss, mozzarella, feta, etc.)
- fresh chopped basil leaves
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from a 14-ounce package), at room temperature
- 1 egg, beaten
- olive oil, for drizzling
Here's how to make it:
- Put the cut tomato slices on paper towels. Sprinkle with a little salt and allow them to sit for about 30 minutes. This helps remove moisture from the tomatoes so you don't end up with a soggy galette. Flip them occasionally.
- In a bowl, combine the Boursin cheese, shredded cheese, some chopped fresh basil and crushed red pepper flakes, to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the pie crust onto a baking sheet and roll out to make a 12-inch circle. Spread the cheese mixture over the dough, leaving a border around the edges.
- Pat the tomatoes one more time with new paper towels, then place them over the cheese mixture, leaving a border. Fold up the edges to create the galette.
- Brush the edges with the beaten egg. Bake in a preheated 425-degree oven until crust is golden, about 30 minutes. Drizzle with a little olive oil, if desired.