Ready to make a galette? This recipe is forgiving because it's a free-form pie shape! Plus, it's fast, cheap and easy!
In a large freezer bag combine:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2-3 tablespoons ice cold water
Mix until it combines like play dough. Press out a wide flat disc. Zip up the bag and chill dough for about 15 minutes. Remove. Dust a flat surface with a little flour and roll to about a 12- to 14-inch circle about 1/4-inch thick.
To make the filling, combine:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups fresh berries
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
Toss all together and place in the center leaving a 2 1/2-inch gap around the edge. Fold with an overlap. Brush with an egg wash, dust with sugar and bake 425 degrees F about 30 minutes. Enjoy!See more tips on 30Seconds.com – Inspire and be inspired!