Hall of Fame Crispy Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken Recipe Is the Best Asian Recipes Poultry Dinner
In the mood for sweet and sour chicken? No need to order Chinese takeout when you've got this easy and delicious sweet and sour chicken recipe that's on the table in about 40 minutes. This crispy sweet and sour chicken is a quick and easy dinner.
The chicken is coated in cornstarch and eggs before being quickly fried in oil until crispy. The easy flavorful sweet and sour sauce is made with sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce and garlic salt. So simple. After being coated in the sauce, the chicken is baked.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 to 6 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup (try this homemade ketchup)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Be sure the oil is hot before adding the chicken.
- Not a fan of rice? Serve this sweet and sour chicken over rice noodles.
Here's how you make it:
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Dip the chicken into the cornstarch to coat and then into the eggs. Cook the chicken in the hot oil until browned. Place in a baking dish.
- Make the sauce by whisking together all of the ingredients.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and stir gently to coat completely. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cook about 10 minutes more, or until done. Serve with brown rice or white rice. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
See more tips on 30Seconds.com – Inspire and be inspired!