Betty White's Chicken Wings Pacifica Recipe From the 1960s Is Legendary by Donna John
Who didn't love Betty White? I know I did. One way to honor and remember people we admired is to make their treasured recipes. I came across a recipe for Betty White's chicken wings, and knew they would be on my dinner table. These chicken wings are from the 1960s, and thanks to Betty are making a comeback.
These baked chicken wings remind me a bit of my grandma's teriyaki chicken wings recipe. The wings are marinated in Asian flavors before being baked in the oven. How could it not be delicious? To make these flavorful baked chicken wings you will need about 3 pounds of chicken wings, butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, water, ground mustard and garlic powder. The chicken wings marinated for one to two hours before being baked.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 1 to 2 hours to marinate
Cook Time: 1 to 1 1/2 hours
Total Time: 1 hour and 40 minutes plus time to marinate
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup soy sauce (see Recipe Notes)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- The original recipe calls for 1 cup of soy sauce, but I used 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce.
- Want to elevate these wings even more? Use bourbon, whiskey or pineapple juice instead of water.
- Turn the chicken a couple of times as it marinates to ensure all the chicken has time to soak up the flavors.
- If your chicken wings are really small, cut the cooking time down to about 1 hour.
- You can add a little honey to the marinade, if desired.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, water, mustard powder and garlic powder into a saucepot. Cook over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Put the chicken wings into a baking dish. Pour the cooled marinade over the chicken, cover and marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Bake the chicken in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 1/2 hours, turning occasionally.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.