Best Blueberry Smoothie Recipe: Jumpstart Your Day In a Nutritious, Delicious Way by Elisa Schmitz
Blueberries are a potent source of antioxidants that help protect your cells from damage by free radicals. Blueberries also help prevent cholesterol, improve heart and bone health, and can help with blood pressure and diabetes. Best of all, blueberries offer the perfect flavor and texture for smoothie recipes.
This easy blueberry smoothie recipe is the best blueberry smoothie I’ve found to jumpstart my day in a nutritious, delicious way. All you need for this energizing blueberry smoothie are blueberries, milk, a banana, orange juice and a few ice cubes. In just about five minutes, you can be sipping on a delicious and nutritious beverage that'll get you going in the morning, perk you up in the afternoon, or satisfy your sweet tooth healthfully as a dessert drink in the evening.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (you could use frozen blueberries)
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- 1 - 2 bananas, depending on how thick you want it
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- If you don't have fresh blueberries, you can use frozen blueberries.
- For a more shake-like consistency, you can use a frozen banana (or two).
- You can modify this recipe by using different types of berries in place of the blueberries, such as strawberries or raspberries.
- To add even more nutrition, you can add a teaspoon of flaxseed or protein powder.
Here's how you make it:
- Put all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into your favorite smoothie glasses. Garnish with additional blueberries and mint leaves, if desired.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.