Soy Sesame Grilled Tuna Steaks Recipe: An Asian-Inspired Weight Watchers Recipe by Chef Ryan Boudreaux
This Asian-inspired Weight Watchers (WW) recipe is found on page 166 in the WW 50th Anniversary Cookbook. This grilled soy sesame tuna recipe is easy to prepare with a marinade and quick grilling, and just a few ingredients. I like simple, yet flavorful recipes, and this one fits the bill.
The tuna steaks are marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, fresh lemon juice, white wine or vegetable stock, sesame oil, garlic and freshy ground black pepper. Marinate the tuna for at least two hours before grilling to desired doneness. We like our tuna medium-rare, almost just seared enough to get the outside charred, but the inside still pink. If you like your tuna cooked more just keep it on the grill for an additional three to four minutes per side.
Cuisine: American / Asian
Prep Time: 5 minutes plus 2 hours to marinate
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes plus 2 hours to marinate
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) Ahi tuna steaks, about 1 1/2-inches thick
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, wine or stock, sesame oil, garlic and black pepper in a large zip-type bag. Stir well. Add the tuna steaks and remove all air from bag. Place bag in refrigerator and turn every hour or so. Marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Spray the grill with nonstick spray and heat up the grill until very hot. Remove tuna steaks from the marinade and discard the liquid. Place the tuna steaks on the grill and allow to cook for 2 minutes, then pick up and turn the steaks about 45-degrees and continue cooking another 2 minutes. Flip the steaks over and finish cooking on the other side for about 4 more minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Chef Ryan Boudreaux
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.