Super Crispy Italian Baked Chicken Recipe Is Flavor to the Bone by Donna John
Baked chicken is one of my favorite chicken dinners. You can do so many things with chicken and a few ingredients when you throw them in the oven. This easy crispy Italian baked chicken recipe is a new one that will get a place in my dinner recipe rotation. The chicken has quick and minimal prep and bakes to juicy golden perfection while you prepare the side dishes.
Start this gluten-free baked chicken by stirring together garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, poultry seasoning and paprika in a bowl. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper, then rub the seasoning blend all over both sides. Be generous! Put the low-sodium chicken into an oiled baking dish or ovenproof skillet, drizzle with a little more olive oil and bake until cooked through and super crispy.
If you like this chicken recipe, here are more to try:
- Honey-Mustard Baked Chicken
- Lemon Ranch Baked Chicken
- Butter Baked Chicken
- Sticky Orange Baked Chicken
Serve this crispy baked chicken with your favorite side dishes. I served mine with a salad a broccoli.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes (ovens vary)
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 4 - 6 bone-in chicken thighs (or whatever pieces you like)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or Tuscan seasoning
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- olive oil
- Baking time will depend on your oven and the size of the chicken pieces.
- Adjust the seasonings to fit your family's tastes.
- For some heat, add some crushed red pepper flakes.
Here's how to make it:
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, poultry seasoning and paprika.
- Drizzle a baking dish or ovenproof skillet with a little olive oil. Put the chicken into the pan, season with salt and pepper, and rub the seasoning blend all over both sides of the chicken. Be generous. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Bake, skin side up, in a preheated 400-degree F oven until chicken is crispy and cooked through, about 40 minutes (165 degrees F internal temperature).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 14.5g
Saturated Fat: 4.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 2.4g
Dietary Fiber: 0.4g
Total Sugars: 0.8g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.