Sticky Orange Baked Chicken Recipe Is What You Need Right Now by Donna John
Fans of orange chicken are going to adore this easy sticky orange baked chicken recipe. Bone-in chicken is baked then glazed with a simple orange sauce that starts with orange marmalade. So easy! The sauce bakes onto the chicken and creates a spicy, sticky, sweet skin. It is irresistible.
Use whatever bone-in chicken pieces you prefer. I used thighs and one drumstick that I had leftover from another recipe. Just keep in mind that the cooking time will change based on the size of the chicken pieces and type (breast, leg, thigh or wing). You could even roast a whole chicken and then baste the sauce on during the last 10 minutes of baking.
If you don't like spicy food, simply omit the chopped jalapeno. Baking the chicken on top of the sliced orange is optional, but it makes the dish so pretty and they add even more flavor. Serve this easy dinner recipe with white rice, fried rice or coconut rice and your favorite vegetable. I served it with coconut ginger rice and roasted asparagus.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 50 minutes
Total Time: 50 to 60 minutes
- 6 - 8 bone-in chicken thighs (or your favorite chicken pieces)
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds (optional, but recommended)
- olive oil
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno (remove ribs and seeds for less heat), or to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- To make the sauce, whisk together all the ingredients. Set aside.
- If using the orange, lay them on the bottom of an ovenproof skillet or baking pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place it on top of the orange slices. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven until chicken is almost cooked through and golden brown, about 30 to 40 minutes (this will depend on how big your chicken thighs are). When chicken is almost cooked, put a spoonful of the sauce onto each thigh and spread to cover. Bake about 10 minutes more.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ovenproof Skillets $10 & Up
Orange Marmalade $3 & Up
Low Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Sriracha $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Baking Pans $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I am eager to try this Orange Chicken recipe since we all enjoy Orange Chicken take out. I was wondering if I could use the tin throw away baking pans and if so does it change the cooking times?