Moist Mediterranean Muffin Recipe With Spinach & Feta by 30Seconds Food
The Mediterranean Diet is everywhere, even in our muffins! Incredibly moist and full of healthy spinach and creamy feta, which may be the healthiest cheese in the world, this will be your new favorite savory muffin recipe. With simple, wholesome ingredients, these spinach and cheese muffins are perfect for breakfast, brunch, as a snack or as a side dish with dinner.
The Mediterranean-inspired muffins have a short list of ingredients: spinach, feta cheese, flour, baking powder, eggs, olive oil and milk. Mix the ingredients together, spoon into lined muffin cups and bake until cooked through and golden. The aroma from the oven will have the family staring impatiently through the oven door.
Store the leftover spinach feta muffins in an airtight container on the counter so you can grab one as you walk by. No judgment here!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- big pinch of salt
- 8 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cut into cubes or coarsely crumbled
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Airtight Containers
- Muffin Tins
- Baking Liners
- If you'd rather use fresh spinach instead of frozen spinach, go for it! Just be sure to cook the spinach and squeeze all the moisture out before adding it to the batter.
- To keep the muffins moist, store them in an airtight container.
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, stir together the spinach, eggs, olive oil and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in the feta.
- Spoon the batter into 12 muffin cups that are lined with baking liners.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 18 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 19.1g
Saturated Fat: 11.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 18.9g
Dietary Fiber: 1.9g
Total Sugars: 3.7g
Vitamin D: 6mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.