Cheesy Spinach Muffins Recipe Is Hot Out of the Oven in 20 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Spinach and cheddar cheese combine to make a delicious, savory muffin that's a filling snack or fun side dish with dinner. You could substitute your favorite cheese for the cheddar in this spinach muffin recipe. Gouda, white cheddar, gruyere, mozzarella, Swiss and provolone would all be good substitutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
Servings: Makes about 12 muffins
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach, washed and dried well
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- dash of salt
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the eggs, sour cream, oil, cream and garlic powder, if using, in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir.
- Add the dry ingredients and grated cheese to the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the spinach leaves.
- Fill muffin tins with the batter. Sprinkle the top of the muffins with a little more cheddar cheese, if desired. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 15 to 18 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.