Simple Sautéed Lemon Garlic Spinach Recipe Is Ready In 10 Minutes by Donna John
Spinach is one of our favorite vegetable side dishes. Fresh spinach cooks quickly, has zero prep if you buy the pre-washed bags and goes with just about anything. The list of the health benefits of spinach is too long to go into here. Spinach is a superfood! And lemon is always a favorite flavoring for recipes – from lemon desserts to salad dressings to pasta and chicken. This low-sodium sautéed lemon spinach recipe is another winning recipe with the refreshing taste of fresh lemon!
You can have this simple, gluten-free baby spinach recipe on the table in 10 minutes (start to finish!). Heat a little olive oil in a large skillet and cook the garlic until fragrant. Add the fresh baby spinach leaves and fresh-squeezed lemon juice and cook until the spinach wilts, which happens fast. Season with salt and pepper and this vegetarian side dish is ready to be spooned into a bowl and served for lunch or dinner.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed or minced fine (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
- This is a recipe that makes me happy to have my grandma's garlic press. Pressing garlic gets all the flavor out of it and you won't really see it in the finished dish (for those who don't like little bits of garlic in their food).
- If you wanted to make this even more delicious (if that's possible), sprinkle with a little freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the lemon juice and spinach. Cook, stirring, until spinach wilts. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 3.6
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 5.7g
Dietary Fiber: 1.2g
Total Sugars: 4.7g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.