Korean Sesame Spinach Recipe: Healthy & Fabulously Flavorful by 30Seconds Food
Koreans have a word for their vegetable side dishes from the land or the sea: namul. This Korean sesame spinach recipe fits into this boldly seasoned side dish category. Not only do you get the health benefits of spinach and sesame seeds from this recipe, but you get a taste of Korea.
In Korea, they always toast the sesame seeds, so be sure not to skip this step. Toasting gives this spinach recipe even more flavor. To toast the sesame seeds, put them into a dry skillet over low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned and fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound (16 ounces) baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
Here's how to make it:
- Bring the water to a boil in a large soup pot. Add the spinach and cook, stirring often, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Pour the spinach into a colander and let it cool, then squeeze out as much moisture as you can. Chop the spinach, if desired.
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic. Serve at room temperature.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sesame Seeds $4 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Low-Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Korean Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.