Asian-Inspired Turmeric Baked Chicken Recipe Is a Fusion of Flavors by 30Seconds Food
So many people are trying to add more turmeric into their healthy diets these days. Turmeric is a spice often found in Middle Eastern and Asian cooking. You’ll mostly hear about turmeric in reference to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. Turmeric contains curcuminoids, most notably curcumin. It has been found that curcumin has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, which may help reduce inflammation. Turmeric is also a powerful antioxidant. And it tastes great!
This easy Asian-inspired baked turmeric chicken recipe is a wonderful way to use this spice. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are marinated in a mixture of olive oil, low-sodium soy sauce, oyster sauce and ground turmeric. After the spicy bath, the chicken is baked in the oven until cooked through, anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes depending on the size of the chicken breast.
To get those fabulous grill marks on your chicken, bake the chicken on an ovenproof grill pan (we like cast iron). If you don't have a grill pan, you can bake them on a baking sheet or in a casserole baking dish. Serve this easy baked chicken recipe with your favorite side dishes. We like turmeric rice, roasted carrots and quinoa.
Cuisine: American / Asian
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus time to marinate
Cook Time: 20 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 40 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- chopped fresh herbs, for serving (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the olive oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce and ground turmeric into a bowl or plastic zipper bag. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a baking sheet, baking dish or grill pan if you want grill marks. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven until chicken is cooked through, about 20 to 30 minutes depending on thickness and size of the chicken breasts (and ovens vary).
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.