Creamy Turmeric Chicken Recipe: A Healthy 30-Minute Dinner by Donna John
Never having cooked with fresh turmeric before, I was surprised at how good it smelled and how easy it was to peel and chop compared to fresh ginger root. This easy turmeric chicken recipe is creamy and full of flavor – and ready in about 30 minutes. I loved that it called for fresh turmeric and ground turmeric. A double whammy!
Not only is this easy turmeric chicken recipe tasty and delicious, there are many health benefits of turmeric. Serve this creamy chicken over rice and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro. This skillet recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh turmeric root
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 1 - 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a skillet (I used a cast iron skillet). Add the onions and fresh turmeric root and cook about 5 minutes or until soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and the ground turmeric on both sides. Move the onions to the side of the pan. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on one side, about 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the chicken over and continue to cook until almost cooked through, another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and stir to remove the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and chicken broth. Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over rice and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Cast Iron Skillets $12 & Up
Ground Turmeric $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Evaporated Milk $1 & Up
Rice $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.