Creamy Mediterranean Deviled Eggs Recipe Are Mayonnaise-Free & Full of Flavor by Donna John
If you're like me, when you think of deviled eggs you think of mayonnaise. Most deviled egg recipes are made creamy with mayonnaise, but not this one. Lidia Bastianich posted a video of her making deviled eggs with no mayonnaise. After watching it, I immediately put eggs on to boil and scavenged my pantry and refrigerator to see what I could put into my no-mayo Mediterranean deviled eggs. This delish recipe is what I came up this – and just in time for Easter!
Lidia put Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, cornichons, zucchini, roasted red peppers, capers and Italian parsley in her eggs. The recipe below is my version made with the same Dijon mustard and white wine vinegar base, but I used capers, chopped sweet red pepper, Italian parsley, kalamata olives and grated Parmesan cheese. The egg yolks, Dijon mustard and white wine vinegar are pureed in a blender until smooth, then the capers, red pepper, fresh parsley, olives and cheese is stirred in. Season well with sea salt and black pepper, then stuff that flavorful mixture back into the eggs whites.
These deviled eggs are super creamy (thank you, healthy olive oil) and loaded with different flavors. This will be a new go-to deviled egg recipe for me. We are eating more Mediterranean foods because of how healthy the Mediterranean diet is for you, and I do think these eggs fit into that healthy eating plan.
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes to cook eggs
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 hardboiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet red pepper, red bell pepper or drained jarred roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Cut the hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise and put the egg whites on a plate and the egg yolks into a blender or food processor. Add the Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar and olive oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Put the mixture into a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Spoon the mixture into the egg whites. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.