Vanilla Cream Cheese-Stuffed Banana Bread Recipe: Sweet, Moist & Creamy by 30Seconds Food
Banana bread. Who doesn't love a moist slice of this sweet bread? There are so many different ways to make banana bread, too. This layered banana bread recipe has a sweet cream cheese filling. So you get the moist banana bread bite at the same time you get a sweet vanilla cream cheese bite. Amazing.
The banana bread layer is made with those overripe bananas we love sitting on our counters. Add melted butter, light brown sugar, an egg, vanilla extract, baking soda and all-purpose flour to the mashed bananas and you have the bread batter. The cream cheese filling is made with cream cheese, granulated sugar, an egg, vanilla and flour. Put half of the bread batter into the bottom of a loaf pan, top with the cream cheese filling and then the remaining bread batter. Bake for about an hour and you're done. Be sure to let the bread cool before cutting and serving.
Serve this moist banana bread recipe as dessert or as a sweet snack. It would be delicious with a cup of coffee or tea in the morning. Keep the leftover bread in an airtight container so it stays moist.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 loaf
- 2 large overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Here's how to make it:
- Stir together the mashed bananas, melted butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and baking soda in a mixing bowl. Stir in the flour until just incorporated.
- To make the filling, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and continue to beat until incorporated. Stir in the flour.
- Spread half of the bread batter into the bottom of a 9x5-inch loaf pan that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Top with the cream cheese filling, then top with the remaining batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 55 minutes or until the bread is cooked in the center. (If it starts getting too brown, tent with aluminum foil.) Remove to cool completely before slicing.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Loaf Pans $8 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Light Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.