Pillowy Soft Powdered Sugar Cookie Recipe: What More Do You Need? by 30Seconds Food
Cookies! Can we ever get enough cookie recipes? We don't think so. For many cookies like sand tarts, Italian butter balls, Greek butter cookies (kourabiedes) and Mexican wedding cookies, powdered sugar is used at the end to coat the cookies. But this powdered sugar cookie recipe utilizes powdered sugar in the cookie dough. Why add powdered sugar to the cookie dough batter? Because it creates a tender, soft and pillowy cookie.
This powdered sugar cookie recipe is made with powdered sugar, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, butter, granulated sugar, an egg, vanilla extract and ... wait for it ... sprinkles! How fun! The cookie dough is mixed together, rolled into balls, then rolled in granulated sugar before being baked in the oven for about 10 minutes. Do not overbake or you will not get pillowy soft cookies!
Store the sprinkled cookies in an airtight container to keep them soft and moist. You can omit the sprinkles, but why? They're colorful and festive. These would make fun cookies for a birthday party or other celebration.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes 2 dozen
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- large pinch of salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, for rolling
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the flour, powdered sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and granulated sugar together until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Fold in the sprinkles. (You could sprinkle them on top instead of folding them into the batter.)
- Put the 2 tablespoons granulated sugar into a small bowl. Roll the dough into balls (about 2 tablespoons) and then roll in the granulated sugar. Put them onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 10 minutes or until just set. Cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before removing to cool completely.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Sprinkles $4 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.