Sweet Valentine’s Day Rice Krispies Treats Recipe Will Show the Love by Ann Marie Patitucci
I have such fond memories of baking holiday-themed treats with my boys when they were little. Rice Krispies treats were always a crowd pleaser. What’s especially fun about them is that they’re customizable: If you’d like thinner treats, use a larger pan. If your kids love colored marshmallows, use them! If you’d like to make breakfast special on Valentine’s Day, add some red, pink and/or heart-shaped sprinkles. If you really want to elevate your rice treat game, use a cookie cutter to make the treats heart-shaped! Add them to your kids’ lunch boxes, along with a loving note from you, and they’ll be feeling the love!
One of the sweetest things about this sweet recipe is that when Valentine’s Day is over, you can customize this sweet recipe for other holidays. The fluffy buttercream frosting that even your adult friends will appreciate is optional, but makes these sweet treats even sweeter. So make these Rice Krispies treats with your kids and make memories – and then share them with everyone!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes about 9 treats
Rice Krispies Treats
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (10.5 ounces each) mini marshmallows (divided)
- 9 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/3 cup red, pink, white and/or heart sprinkles
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 - 3 teaspoons milk
Here’s how to make it:
- Line a 9x9-inch baking pan (or 13x9-inch pan for thinner treats) with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons butter over low heat. Set aside 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows. Add the rest of the marshmallows to the pan and stir until melted. Remove pan from heat. Gradually add the cereal, stirring until well coated. Fold in the remaining 1 1/2 cups of marshmallows and sprinkles until thoroughly combined.
- Using a buttered spatula (to prevent sticking), firmly press the mixture into the prepared pan. Let cool completely.
- For the buttercream frosting, using a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment or a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes. Switch the mixer to low speed and slowly add in powdered sugar. Continue beating until well blended. Add in vanilla and 1 teaspoon of milk. Mix on low speed until combined. Beat at high speed until frosting is smooth and fluffy, about 4 to 5 more minutes. If frosting is too thick, gradually add more milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until you reach the desired consistency.
- Spread the frosting over cooled cereal treats and top with sprinkles.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Rice Krispies Cereal $3 & Up
Mini Marshmallows $2 & Up
Valentine's Day Sprinkles $4 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.